Welcome to my Blog!

I’m an On-Location Natural Light Photographer specializing in prenatal, infant, children and family portraiture in the Ottawa area.

Website: http://www.michellebarbeauphotography.com email: michelle@barbeau.net
Facebook Teen Page: Michelle Barbeau Teens

****please note my blog has now been moved here ********

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

52 Week Challenge - Week 27

This week's theme was Lighting Experimentation.  I'm currently reading a book called "Understanding Flash Photography" by Bryan Petersen (great book if you would like to learn how to use your flash in manual mode) and in it he showed an example of a picture of a water drop using his flash...I thought it looked really cool so wanted to try it out myself.  Here's how it turned out...

First I took a large bowl out of the cupboard and turned it upside down and put it in the sink.  I then covered it with piece of colourful fabric.  On top of that I put a glass bowl half filled with water and turned the tap on so that a slow drip was coming out and landing in the bowl.  I had my flash off camera on the side of the sink pointing towards the water drop then took a picture.  I don't have a macro lens so had to make due with my 24-70mm lens.  I love the way it turned out anyways.




If you would like to play along, next week's theme is "Family"

No comments: