Welcome to my Blog!

I’m an On-Location Natural Light Photographer specializing in prenatal, infant, children and family portraiture in the Ottawa area.

Website: http://www.michellebarbeauphotography.com email: michelle@barbeau.net
Facebook Teen Page: Michelle Barbeau Teens

****please note my blog has now been moved here ********

Monday, April 2, 2012

52 Week Challenge - Week 13

April is crazy Birthday month in my family....most of our friends and family have a Birthday this month!  "Planning" was the perfect theme for this week's challenge.  Right now i'm planning my son's 10th Birthday party.  He wants a Pokemon theme but there doesn't seem to be much in the stores so i'm having to make everything myself.  Here are the invitations that i'm working on:


I used one of my son's Pokeballs as a model and tried to copy it by tracing a small round bowl on white cardstock and cutting it out.  I then did the same thing with red card stock and cut the circles in half.  I glued the red half circle to the white circle then used my circle punch to punch out a small circle for the centre.  I thought it would be cute if the small circle stuck out (would look more like a button) so i used some 3D dimensional stickers that i had to attach the circle.  I then finished them off by taking a black marker and adding a line across the whole thing and around the centre circle.   I'm going to print out the party details and glue them on the back and voila, an invitation!  My son loves them!  I'm thinking the front is a bit plain so I might write "I choose you" on it.  Now to figure out the actual party!  I think I might make bigger versions of the pokeballs for decorations and have lots of red, white and black balloons.  The cake will probably just be a round cake decorated to look like a pokeball.

If anyone would like to play along, next week's challenge is "Excitement".

No comments: