Welcome to my Blog!

I’m an On-Location Natural Light Photographer specializing in prenatal, infant, children and family portraiture in the Ottawa area.

Website: http://www.michellebarbeauphotography.com email: michelle@barbeau.net
Facebook Teen Page: Michelle Barbeau Teens

****please note my blog has now been moved here ********

Monday, October 1, 2012

52 Week Challenge - week 39

This week's theme was "tools".  I recently went to a butterfly display at Carleton University which featured 1,300 butterflies...it's so beautiful to watch the butterflies fly around (it's on until october 8th if you want to check it out).  I thought i would post a picture of a tool a butterfly uses that I think is the coolest thing...it's fancy straw (or in proper terms, it's proboscis)! 



 I think it's really cool how it curls up when not in use then unravels when they want to drink their food.




here are a few more butterfly shots (I got so many it was hard to narrow it down :))










This one was my favourite butterfly... the Blue Morpho.  It is shimmery blue on the backside of it's wings but you can only see it when it's flying (it closes it's wings up when it lands)

If you would like to play along, next week's theme is "Colours"

No comments: